Saturday, February 11, 2006

I miss my momma!




Wasn't she beautiful? This is a picture of my mom and dad, only months before Mom passed away of a sudden heart attack. The other is of her gravestone with the flowers we put on it for her birthday last year. I love the way my dad did her stone, it shows her love of dogs and painting...it makes it really representative of who she was. She has been gone for 2½ years, but there are days it feels like yesterday. Today is one of those days. As I sit here crying, I am reminded of how gentle and sweet she was. I miss her so much! Today is one of those days that I really struggle to understand why God chose to take her from us so early in life. When I lost her, I thought that my wedding day would be the most difficult day in my life without my mom, but now I think it may not have been as hard as others to come. As my husband and I talk about having a baby in the next year or so, I imagine getting pregnant and not having her to tell...not getting to hear the excitement in her voice upon hearing of a grandchild. And not to have my mom to ask advice from during pregnancy and parenting. I miss her voice, her hugs, her support, and her humor. I do not understand why I have to live the rest of my days without her, and I wonder if it will ever get any easier. Mom... I love you and miss you!!!
I'm sorry if this was depressing, but I needed to "write it down."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hugging you right now!

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Tears are streaming down my face as well!! March 10th I lost Mom and my life has changed forever too - there is something very special between daughters and their moms!! I know that God will get us both thru our difficult days and they are now in our Future ~~ I pray that helps you to think about!! Love You~~Roxann