Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Birthday, my sister!!!


This is a picture of my beautiful sister with her precious daughters. So, yesterday was my brother's birthday, and today is my sister's birthday. They are only a day apart, so it is easy to remember. :) (5 years difference, though) My sister is 10 years older than me (I was obviously a "surprise":), so I have always adored her as the cooler older sister. Growing up, she played a second mom to me. Some of my fondest memories are of her "babysitting" me and staying overnight at her rental house with her. She left home when I was only 8 or 9, but I feel like we have remained close. She is now an INCREDIBLE wife and mother, and I look to her for the example I should be. Not only does she homeschool her 5 children and manage a home of 7, but she manages to do so with a sense of humor and great attitude! She is the sensible one of the family I can always go to for great advice that always seem to make perfect sense. She can make me laugh and cry all in the same conversation! I love spending time with her, and my only sense of sadness is that I don't live near enough to see her as much as I would like. Over the years I have grown to appreciate her friendship more and more, and I simply cannot imagine what life would be like without such a great sister and friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, K!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

No comments: