Thursday, January 31, 2008

One Full Year of Mommyhood!!!

CAN YOU BELIVE IT?!?! Emmalyn turned ONE today! I am having a really hard time...letting go of my sweet little infant, but absolutely loving my growing little... *gulp*... toddler. Gosh...she's considered a toddler, now, isn't she?! Gasp!
She is so much fun these days, though! She no longer likes to crawl, she prefers to "cruise" around on anything she feels will keep her stable...furniture, walls, toys...whatever she can reach. She is fast, too! You should see how we have our living room "fenced in" to keep her in a containable space! :)
She is also learning lots of new things. She has become a pro at feeding herself, even pacing her bites. She is trying to get ahold of using a sippy cup, still having trouble getting it lifted high enough to get the juice out. She loves to intentionally push buttons, dancing to whatever music comes out of the button-possessing toy. This is especially cute! Her dancing is bobbing her head back and forth, in a somewhat Stevie Wonder fashion, and bouncing up and down, sticking her bootie out. So funny! If we are watching t.v. a song coming on, like on a commercial, will get here attention immediately. This is frequently followed by a little jig! :) She has figured out how to push her little push toys, even walking around to the other side to push in the opposite direction when she reaches a wall or other obstacle. She's a very smart little girl! (It is my right as her mom to think she is a genious, right?)
I'm sure there is MUCH more to share, as I have not blogged in over a month, but I will have to come back to write tomorrow. It is 10:35p.m., and I am turning into a pumpkin. Eyelids getting very heavy............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emmalyn! Where's a picture?

Did E get a package from Tabitha?