Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Crazy, Busy, Wonderful Life

So, I guess I need to post something a little more cheerful, huh? So, I thought I would fill you in on all the fun stuff we have been up to recently! :) Well, I am usually not an overly busy person, but for the last week or so...it has been crazy busy around here! I think that was a good thing...it got my mind off of missing Mom, and onto loving my friends and family!

So, it began with Thursday night. My beautiful friend Michael worked with my husband to arrange a surprise girl's night out! I love my hubby!!! He knew I needed a little time away, and lovingly offered it to me! He is so wonderful! He told me at about 5:30 that I needed to eat dinner and get ready because I was going on a date with her and she would be here at 7:00. So she and I went to the mall for a couple of hours, then to Rao's (a local yummy bakery/coffee house) for dessert. We had so much fun just chatting and laughing together! We actually pulled into my driveway at 9:45pm, but stayed in her van chatting until 11:00pm!!! I haven't stayed out that late in....well, I don't remember the last time I stayed out that late! It was SO MUCH fun! Thank you so much, Michael, you rock!!!!!
Then...Friday was busy, too. I met up with a new friend, Alettra, and Jessica at the mall play area for a playdate, and Jessica and I got to enjoy lunch together. I enjoyed getting to know a new friend, and spend time with both of them! :)

Friday afternoon... our small town had their homecoming parade, and Emmalyn and I met up with my mil and sil for good fun! (She really did have fun...don't know why I didn't manage to catch a smile!?!?!)
With Nanny (aka Aunt Kelli...my sil):
With Grandma:

And Friday night, of course, was the football game. (Afterall, what else is there on a Friday night in a Texas small town?!?!!)

With Grandpa: With Grandma and Grandpa:

Allowed to sit by herself:
With Nanny and Holden, the other precious blessing that calls Kelli "Nanny":
Emmalyn LOVES Holden!!!:


Then, on Saturday, Kris and I left Emmalyn to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa all day, and we headed to Houston to an air show called "Wings Over Houston." It was really cool, Kris was like a little boy pointing and shouting "Look, here they come!" all day! We saw some amazing aircrafts, doing some phenomenal stunts...it was really fun!

Here are some photos from the day...

The Thunderbirds in action...they were so close doing all of these stunts!!!: The Thunderbirds all lined up and ready for take off:
Hubby and I enjoying the show: Kelli and Holden, with ear plugs and muffs...it got really loud out there!: It was fun, but it was a little much to ask of a 4 year old boy...but he seemed to like the toy thunderbird. :)
This was the weekend...I will post again about what Emmalyn and I got to do on Monday! :)

2 comments:

Michael Paine said...

anytime my beautiful friend!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures! (Go figure, right??) I'm glad that you've had a great week!