Friday, June 27, 2008

From the Inside Out


I am reminded, just about every time I pray or open my Bible, about My Savior's everlasting mercies and grace. I am so unworthy of His amazing love...but yet He opens His heart to me every time I seek Him. I put Him on the back burner, 'forgetting' my quiet time for weeks on end, but every time I make the effort to put Him back in control, He NEVER ceases to amaze me with His peace and comfort He gives! Even on my best day, my effort are like filthy rags...All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away (Isaiah 64:6). But, He promises that if I just pray, he will hear me and answer me! If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. (2 Chronicles 7:14-15)
I have probably talked about this before, but it just never ceases to amaze me, and I wanted to remind my friends and family that if you are dealing with anything, to remember to turn to our Lord Jesus Christ, and he will renew you! Take your struggles to the Cross...every day!

We sang a new song in church recently, and it really struck my heart. It has wonderfully true lyrics, and is just beautiful!!!! It should be playing as you read this, and here are the lyrics:

From The Inside Out
by Hillsong United
album: United We Stand (2006)

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
In my heart, in my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Chorus 2x
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out

2 comments:

melanie said...

Heather, I love that song as well. Thank you for this reminder. I needed to hear it today.

Kristy said...

I have always loved that verse in Isa. Really puts things into perspective...even our best is far from good. Thank God for Jesus! Thanks for the reminder Heather!