Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

I got a call from my friend Kristin yesterday asking "Are you leaving or staying?" To which I replied..."What are you talking about?"

Apparently, while I was oblivious in my house, not watching television or listening to the radio, the rest of my area was planning for a possible hurricane! So, I turn on the Weather Channel, and sure enough...Tropical Storm Edouard is planning a track right for us! And they say it is very possible that it will turn into a hurricane before it makes landfall! Good grief! I sometimes hate living in Southeast Texas! I never worried about this mess when I lived in the beautiful Hill Country of Austin!

So, I spent the rest of my evening worried about what to do. Our plan was to stay, unless we lost power. If that were to happen, we would just pack up and head to the Hill Country, where we are already planning on going on Thursday morning. Kris was hoping NOT to have to go into work...who wants to get out to go to the doctor when there is a "hurricane" headed right for us, anyway? So, I prayed that this would not cause the trouble Rita caused almost 3 years ago, and went to bed. It was supposed to hit around 10 or 11 a.m. today, so I had time to expect the worst, right?

Well, when we got up at 8:45 this morning...it had already hit! I thought I heard some hard rain about 5:00 this morning, but assumed that was just a foreshadowing of that to come. Nope. That was it. So, now, I sit and look out the window at a little rain and wind. Talk about anticlimactic!!!

So, it looks like our day will continue as usual. Oh, and Kris did get called into work about 9:00. There were 2 patients waiting for him. What is the urgency, people?

3 comments:

Michael Paine said...

I know, the first time I was told to evacuate for a hurricane at Lamar I was like what is a hurricane. LOL I am from east texas up near Dallas. All we worry about is tornados. I feel you!

Anonymous said...

Hello I finally made it too your blog. Very nice site. I loved the photos of Spencer!!
Emmalyn has changed so much. She is so pretty and cute. Heartbreaker!!!
Anywho I am happy you are well. I will now keep up with you more since I found the address again. Sorry I will miss you this weekend.
Amanda

MamaJ said...

HEY!!! I like the header! I haven't seen it since I have been looking at the web pathetically on my little phone. Haha.