Saturday, August 16, 2008

Part Three: Saturday Night

The biggest reason for going to see my family this particular weekend was because this year my sister just turned 40(Aug. 8th), my brother 35(Aug. 7th), and I will be 30 in 2 short weeks! :] ! So, we decided we needed to party! (As much as conservative 30-40 year olds do!) My sister's boyfriend has been wanting to take her out country dancing for a while...and this is the perfect opportunity, right? Well, she got herself some boots, Wranglers, and even a fancy belt and belt buckle, and he got them starched up right! She looked so cute! This is Kim and Eddie all dressed up and ready to go. Aren't they just TOO adorable?!?! And the roses...he brought for her...aren't they beautiful? And before we left for the evening, we had to take a shot of the whole group:
Me, Kris, Cal (my awesome brother), Kim, and Eddie:
Pretty cute, aren't we? :) So, we put the baby to bed, tell the nieces and nephews NOT to call unless the house is on fire or someone is bleeding :), and head out at about 8:30 p.m. (For those of you who know me, this is dangerously close to my "pumpkin" time, as hubby calls it.) I got a fix of Taco Cabana, a yummy restaurant that isn't in my area, that I hadn't had in 4 years, and head off to Dallas Night Club to do some two steppin! Well, we pull into the parking lot and wonder "Are we so early that NO ONE is here yet?!" Nope. Dallas is no longer a dance hall. CLOSED. DOWN. Windows boarded up and everything! So sad....now where do we go?

Well, Eddie used to spend a lot of time in places such as these, so he had one more in mind. We drive another 20 minutes to a place called Ropers. The empty parking lot gave us an eerie feeling, and then we read the note on the very closed doors. CLOSED. DOWN. Seriously? Are we seriously all dressed up with nowhere to go?! This is Texas, people! Why are the dance halls closing down?!

So, we proceed to pull in to a gas station to find a phonebook and find somewhere to get my sister dancin'!!! My brother thinks of this place called the Broken Spoke...an iconic Texas dance hall where everyone from Bob Wills to George Strait have performed. But, it is another 30 to 40 minute drive! But, we had to go, right? So, we went.

We danced and enjoyed the band until after 12:30am! Ten years ago this would not have phased me, but now, at almost 30...I was exhausted! And 10 years ago, I would have been able to sleep in the next morning...now I have a toddler that doesn't care what time I went to bed, she is waking up at 7:30 or 8:00 regardless! Not to mention, as a Christian, I no longer drink the night away...so time is now very real!

But that was not the end...then we went to an awesome 24 hour restaurant to have migas and pancakes, and did not return home until 2:00 A!M!

Saturday night was an adventure for sure, but we certainly all had a great time! :) (And yes, we were all up early the next morning, all very droopy-eyed!)


And Sunday, I got to see one of my dearest friends (and the one I have definitely known the longest) for lunch! Then we dropped my niece off at camp (it was on our way home...how convenient), and headed home. We were exhausted from a long weekend, but it sure was sweet spending such great time with friends and family!

I didn't get a new picture with Jenn on Sunday, but here is a good one from the last time we saw each other, in April of this year.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

7:30 or 8:00!!!!!!!!! Seriously!?! Seriously, Heather, you sleep in everyday, woman! :)

Jessica said...

I got the that last picture and I thought it was me! I had to do a double take. I must be nuts! i don't even know my own self!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You've been a busy blogger in the last few days! The new look is adorable too!

Michael Paine said...

you are wearing the same shirt and necklace in the picture with your friend at the bottom, as you are in the boot scoot and boogie picture at the top. :) Thought you might enjoy that coincidence.

Looks like you had fun.

MamaJ said...

You rockin' party animal, you! I cannot believe I hang out with such a wanton woman! Well, maybe I can. And seriously, 7:30 or 8??? Give me a break. Let my kids come spend the night one time!! You will hear this strange sound...it's called roosters crowing!!